About a month ago, I analysed the different types of readers there are based on an article by Bookstr. Now, Bookstr does a lot of quizzes, including one to find out what type of reader you are. You can take it here!
- Have you ever read a sentence over and over again by accident?
- What are you talking about?
- All of the time
- What do you do if someone interrupts you while you’re reading?
- Completely ignore them
- Stop your reading and listen to them
- Yell, “Can’t you see I’m reading?”
- Tell them to hold on a minute while you finish your page
- What’s your bookmark of choice?
- A regular old bookmark
- Whatever’s closest (receipt, napkin, pet, etc…)
- No bookmarks for you – you’d rather just finish the book
- Memorising the page number
- How many books do you read a month?
- At least one, but sometimes you’re too busy
- More than 2
- It varies, but you always aim high
- You don’t count – you’re always reading
- Have you ever seen a movie adaptation that you actually liked?
- Yes, but you didn’t read the book first
- Yes, but it was still worse than the book
- No, and you never will
- What do you do when someone disagrees with you about a book?
- You have a nice discussion about why you disagree
- You argue with them and tell them they’re wrong
- You listen to them: sometimes they have valid points!
- You don’t care
- Have you ever reviewed a book (for public viewing)?
- Of course! Many!
- A few, because the book was so good
- A few, because the book was terrible
- Your favourite author comes out with a new book, you:
- Buy it immediately, read it as fast as possible, and talk about it with whoever will listen
- Wait to hear if reviews are good before buying/renting
- Probably didn’t know they were writing a new book and find out about it years later
- You don’t have a favourite author
- How many classics have you read?
- Are you kidding? Too many to count!
- Every classic that you had to read for school, maybe a couple more
- Classics aren’t your thing
- And finally, pick a reading medium;
- Paper or bust
- Anything, just gotta read!
My result? The Open-Minded Reader
I liked this quiz, the answers weren’t too obviously steering you in one direction or another. Though question number 2 was a little tricky for me because I wanted a fifth option: not realising someone was trying to talk to you because you’re so caught up in your book. Because that would have been my answer! Also, what self-respecting reader dog-ears their books? Sacrilege! And I know it might be hard to believe for some of you, but I don’t have a favourite author. Of course, I have authors that I like more than others (J. K. Rowling for example, quite obviously so) and then there are authors I don’t like at all. But I just can’t choose my favourite author, just like I can’t choose my favourite book, not even if my life depended on it!
So? What results did you get? I can’t wait to find out! Be sure to let me know in the comments.