I have been blogging every day for over two weeks now and everything is blurring together a bit. I think I already shared the Spotify Christmas playlist that I listen to most at the moment. If not, here is the link again. But I also wanted to spread some more Christmas cheer by sharing my favourite Christmas songs. Because as soon as the sun starts disappearing, I love listening to Christmas music, any time of the year. I also listen to it quite often when I need to concentrate at work, to drown out the noise around me. I love it, though my colleagues sometimes look at me funny when I distractedly start humming along to my Christmas tunes.
Now let’s get into the classics. I’m not the biggest fan of Mariah Carey. Don’t get me wrong, she is a fantastic singer, but her Christmas songs are played everywhere so often, that I’ve just heard them a bit too much. Here are some of my favourite classics:
- “Last Christmas” by Wham! of course
- “It’s beginning a lot like Christmas”, but Michael Bublé’s version
- Can’t miss “Let it snow” of course. I like the Glee version, but my favourite is the one by Frank Sinatra!
- The more up-tempo “Jingle Bell Rock” is also always a great listen, especially the version from The Vamps.
- And how about “Santa Claus is coming to town”, I do like the Jackson 5 version
- Bing Crosby also belongs on this list of course, with “White Christmas”
And that’s it for my Christmas song list! Which one is your favourite? Let me know in the comments!
So let’s go right into the advent calendars now then: