I don’t read a lot of magazines, but this is one of my favourite magazine articles this month! It gives you 6 reasons why reading a book is good for you. I know so many more reasons, but let’s start with these six.
- Stress-reducingReading takes you away from the world. You’ll step into a story and all stress from work or home will vanish!
- Stimulating for your brainYour brain is a muscle, so it also needs a workout from time to time to stay fit. Reading stimulates the brain and it can help slow down (and even prevent) diseases like Alzheimer and dementia.
- Gathering knowledgeEverything you read is information. Information that might one day come in handy and help you solve a problem you’re facing. It also stimulates creativity and new ideas.
- Expanding your vocabularyThe more you read, the bigger your vocabulary will grow. You might surprise those around you! And let’s be fair, who doesn’t want to curse all fancily, like calling someone an “Apish barren-spirited bed-presser”?
- Improving focus and concentrationReading regularly will also help your concentration. There are so many distractions in our daily lives, and reading will really help you improve your concentration. The more you read, the better you can concentrate.
- Free entertainmentVisit the library for measures and bounds of free entertainment. Becoming a member is free and lending books is super easy. And you’ll always have something to need. Because it’s virtually impossible to read every book in the library. (Challenge accepted?!)
The reason I would add is: FUN! It’s just so damn fun! Not just free entertainment, entertainment in general. I love reading! It’s one of the best parts of my day (besides petting my cat and crawling in bed).
So, don’t wait any longer! Go and read! Now! Hurry!