Before you read any further, imagine me screaming. For like 5 minutes straight.
Okay, now we can continue. The final trailer for the second Fantastic Beasts movie has just dropped. I’ve already blogged about the title and main cast and later I shared the first trailer as well. But now, the full, final trailer is here. It premiered on Comic-Con this weekend. And it’s a-ma-zing!
(obviously, I don’t any of the rights, that’s Warner Brothers and J. K. Rowling and such)
But how amazing is this? We learn so much more in this trailer!! Some good, some wrong, some baffling, … Don’t want to be spoiled? Well though, you shouldn’t be reading this blog and certainly not this article! Oh, and if you’re interested in a sober and objective reasoning about the trailer, this isn’t where you need to be either. There will be major fangirling and freaking out going on. You. have. been. warned.
- Dumbledore teaches Defense Against the Dark Arts? No, wrong!
- Jude Law’s accent confuses me – is it British or American?
- Newt is afraid working in an office? Oh, cute!
- That circus? TO DIE FOR! I want to swim in the air, too!
- Johnny Depp has the perfect voice for Grindelwald, gives me chills!
- Woohoo, my boy Credence is back and cuter than ever! (not that he was cute in the previous film though, but the actor himself is very cute indeed)
- Eek, the deluminator!
- And we get a look at Azkaban – creepy! Well, at least I assume it’s Azkaban. Do we know any American wizard prisons?
- Newt in Paris… I wouldn’t mind a moonlight stroll by the Senne with that cinnamon roll!
- Credence’s role is more important this time, bring on the Obscurial! I’m really interested to see if and how he’ll handle it. Especially with what we know of Ariana…
- What the frak kind of cats are those?
- That coat! The yellow cardigan! Those curls! That bow tie! Those eyes! #bowtiesarecool #mixingmyfandoms
- I read an article where the director was defending leaving out Dumbledore’s sexuality from the movie. So what explanation is there then for Dumbledore not moving against Grindelwald and Grindelwald showing up in the Mirror of Erised?
- Leta! I don’t know what happened, but I don’t like her for hurting my cinnamon roll!
- Yes, the niffler! I heard there would be bay nifflers too. #dying
- “Your arrogance is the key to our victory”
- Whoopie! Jacob’s back! #mugglelife
- Is that Leta in the purple? She reminds me of another pink-dressed lady of the HP-universe I don’t like. #imustnottelllies
- Oh right, and Queenie and Tina. I’m not a big fan of Tina, though I know she’ll make my cinnamon roll very happy. That character hasn’t pulled me in yet. These events will challenger her beyond her ministry-loving-rule-abiding idiotic ways though. I can’t wait for her to wow me!
- And of course, more innocent creatures.
- “You’re too good, Newt. You’ve never met a monster you couldn’t love.” – yes, this is already my favourite quote of the movie, possibly even the franchise
- Credence, flex your magic muscles!
- Grindelwald escaping (naturally), but with the Elder Wand? Does that maybe mean that Newt will at some point be the owner of the Elder Wand? Nice!
- Newt’s brother. Hmm, he’s like a poster-boy-babyfaced version of Newt. I prefer my Newt! (I might possibly be biased since because big-brother-war-hero hurt my Newt!)
- That music, though! Gives me chills every time!
- The immortal alchemist… Wow, I don’t even know what to say. Flamel you look weird! But believable in your character’s role. And surprisingly sweet too 🙂
Okay. That’s it. I’ve watched this trailer dozens of times, just to pick up on everything. And the movie will probably be even worse (which, of course, is better!). So I’ve already planned to go see it with 3 different people and once by myself, to really take it all in. Before it’s released on DVD, and I watch that over and over again until I can speak along with the characters, line by line.
I love this so much!
J. K. Rowling, thank you!