Hello again, my bookish people. I’ve found another quiz to entertain you and me today! So let’s dive into a quiz to determine what book genre fits you best. Personally, I know the answer for me, but let’s see if the quiz agrees.
- Which statements best describes you?
- I love to learn about the past.
- I like to think about what the world might be like in the future, what things we might have, what discoveries might be made.
- I like it when people tell me the truth, and only the truth, no matter what it is.
- I day dream a lot, and think about what the world might be like with different things that we don’t have.
- I love anything mysterious, anything unpredictable.
- I love the present. I don’t care about the past or future, only right now.
- What is your favourite subject in school?
- Lunch, it’s the only time I can stare off into space and not pay attention without getting in trouble
- If you could have one wish, what would you be most likely to wish for?
- That everything from my day dreams could be real.
- That I could go back in time whenever I wanted.
- That I could go into the future whenever I wanted.
- That I would always know the truth, and what really happened.
- That there would be more mysteries in life, and that things would be more unpredictable.
- I wouldn’t wish for anything, I like my life the way it is.
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- I would make people more aware of the past, so that we could avoid making mistakes that have been made before.
- I would make the world more advanced, so that we have better technologies.
- I wouldn’t change anything, the world is fine the way it is.
- I would make it so that everyone always told the truth, and it was impossible to lie.
- I would make it so that NOTHING was predictable, not even the weather. Life would be so much more fun if we never had any clue as to what might happen! Everything would be a surprise!
- I would probably make it so that magic existed, like in the Harry Potter books, or there were other worlds, like in the Chronicles of Narnia.
- If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be?
- I would make myself more honest and trustworthy.
- I would make it so that I wouldn’t care about the past or future, because you can’t change the past, and we don’t even know what will happen in the future yet.
- I would give myself a better imagination.
- I would make myself more aware of life’s small mysteries and surprises.
- I would make myself better at science and math.
- I would make myself more knowledgeable when it comes to history.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- The ability to read minds
- The ability to travel through time
- The ability to travel to other planets and be able to breathe there even without oxygen, and to be able to go as far as I want for as long as I want without getting tired
- Being able to turn invisible
- What do you think your job is most likely to be?
- Something in an office
- Something fun, unusual, maybe a little strange
- Anything practical, something that pays quite a bit and that is still flexible enough so that I can enjoy my family life
- Probably an author, cartoonist or anything creative
- Maybe a scientist, or possibly some kind of inventor
- Possibly an historian, an archeologist, or something like that
So one of the answers is obviously historical fiction, while another is mystery. The answers are pretty geared to genres you can end up with. I picked answers that I would actually go for in real life and ended up with:
However, I don’t at all like realistic fiction! I like to read as an escape, to discover things that are different from my own life. I prefer fantasy, YA and even romance novels. I do like my romances to be realistic, but everything fantasy and YA should be as far removed from reality as possible. If I had answered these questions with regards to what I wanted to read about, the result would have been quite different of course!
But anyway, let me know your results. And also, if you agree with them or not.