Reading by the pool or on a picnic blanket in the park is one of my favourite pastimes ever! Though we shouldn’t pass all of our time with our noses stuck in books. Right? So here are 31 things to do besides reading (which I mostly stole from a magazine):
- Take a picture of summer every day. Of your feet in the grass, of your cat wearing a hat of or the parasol in your drink.
- Go bargain hunting during the sales period.
- Talk to a complete stranger.
- Dance! Whether it’s in the living room, on the way to the store or at a festival. Just dance!
- Stay off of social media for an entire day.
- Stay in bed for the whole day.
- Eat ice cream.
- Try to break a world record, any world record.
- Take part in contests. Especially the ones where you can win things.
- Sleep in a tent.
- Send a text to every friend you haven’t see for more than two weeks.
- Go out to dinner!
- Glue a coin to the ground and see what happens.
- Draw a tattoo on your body.
- Paint all your nails in a different colour. Fingers and toes!
- Make a caipirinha. And drink it outside!
- Run in the rain.
- Do something that you’re not allowed to do.
- Go skinny dipping.
- Do the limbo!
- Book a last minute vacation and just go.
- Stop a bad habit for one day.
- Stay up all night to see shooting stars. And make a wish when you do!
- Watch the sunset and stay awake until sunrise. Or the other way around.
- Cook for your friends!
- Write a love letter.
- Put on your swimwear and go lie in the sun.
- Use suncream!
- Throw water balloons at passersby.
- Print all picture you’ve taken this summer and keep them during winter.
- Have a picnic with your loved ones.
What do you think? Will any of these tempt you away from your book this summer? Let me know!